May 05 , 2021
IN STORE PURCHASING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE ALL GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF KINGS CARPETS UNTILL PAID FOR IN FULL.
1. No responsibility can be accepted by the Company for damage to under floor piping, cabling, etc (unless the exact locations of any obstructions are given in writing prior to installation).
2. If fitting is to be carried out on a wood or tile floor, the surface much be such that satisfactory fitting can be effected, and no responsibility can be accepted for any damage caused to the tiles or wood.
3. When using broadloom and body carpets in one fitting, it is occasionally found that variations occur in colour and pattern. Every effort will be made to ensure exact matching, but no guarantee can be given.
4. All pile carpets, especially plain grounds, are liable to shading that is to show light and dark patches arising from unequal crushing of the surface. Light and delicate carpets are liable to become soiled in wear, and can apparently change or lose colour. No amount of care on the part of the Company can obviate these tendencies, which are inherent in all pile fabrics and which should be drawn to the attention of the customer.
5. It is important that stair carpets are laid carefully with adequate protection on the nosings of the stairs , and that the carpets are moved at regualr intervals to effect evenness of wear. In a number of cases it is not possible to move fitted stair carpets.
6. A small percentage of wastage sometimes occurs with fitted carpets. Every effort is made to minimise this wastage whilst, at the same time ensuring that the work is carried out in a satisfactory manner.
7. The sizes as quoted for the widths of the carpets are approximate. This can vary due to severel factors, and the tolerance conforms with British Standards Institute No. 3655 allowing for a variation of + or - 1.25%.
8. The customer should take up the existing carpet and empty the rooms before the new carpet is laid. Should this prove to be difficult, prior notification must be given to the Manager and a charge may be raised for lifting and removing customers own property.
9. The estimate does not allow for the removal and easing of doors in the event of the new carpet being too thick for the existing clearance.
10. White goods - washing machines, cookers, fridge/freezers. Please note our fitter will not move, unplug or unplumb any appliances. Prior written most be given by the customers or the flooring will be cut to the front of the appliances and or plinth/kick plate.
11. All monies owing must be paid to the shop prior to fitting date.
12. (Retention Of Title). All goods remain the property of Kings Carpets until paid for in full.
13. Any fittings arranged by Kings Carpets are through as separate contractor and therefore we hold no responsibility for fitting.
14. All orders will be cut to customers measurements unless measured by ourselves with a charge of £30.
15.Cancellation of orders cannot be accepted after the product has been invoiced. We may offer a credit note but we do not give refunds unless the product is faulty and notified to us in writing within 3 days.
16. Any dates or times quoted for the delivery of goods are intended to be estimated only. The company will use reasonable effects to deliver on dates promised. In no event shall time be of the essence of the contract in regards to delivery, and the customer shall not be entitled to refuse to accept goods because of late delivery.
17. Kings Carpets will keep your carpet on deposit for no longer than 8 weeks, after which time your carpet will be returned to stock. Your deposit is non refundable.
18. It is the customers responsibility to check that the underlay thickness and quality is suitable for there needs, and they have adequate clearance under any doors.
By accepting this invoice you are accepting the terms and conditions of this contract.
ONLINE PURCHASING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions will explain how we will deal with your order and you should read them carefully.
The Contract Between Us:
We require payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Once payment information and order details have been received we will process the order.
You are responsible for your own measurements being accurate and correct. CarpetSimple accepts no liability if the floorcovering does not fit, therefore please make sure that these are correct when ordering to avoid any issues. All sizes (width and length) have cutting and manufacturing tolerance of plus or minus 1.25% - this is an industry standard and you must take this into account when ordering.
STOCK AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY TIMES:
If you require an item for a specific date please contact us first before ordering to confirm availability.
The price quoted includes VAT but are subject to a subsidised “flat fee” where applicable and the delivery charge that is quoted in the listing. All delivery dates are given in good faith. We cannot accept any claim including consequential loss for non-or late delivery.
Delivery is made via our chosen carrier. Delivery slots are an any time delivery, usually from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Delivery dates are given in good faith please do not rely on them for booking fitters, etc. Delivery dates are given as a guide only and do not form the part of any contract and are not grounds for cancellation of order.
Have you provided us with a current phone number? We need this to ensure a smooth delivery process - your order cannot be processed without one.
We only offer curbside delivery. Our courier is a one-man delivery service and carpets are very heavy, therefore we cannot guarantee that we will be able to lift the carpet into your home nor are they insured to do so. You need to make arrangements to unload the item from the delivery vehicle Please make sure you have friends, family or neighbours on hand to help.
Specialist white glove, 2-man delivery can be organised. Please let us know if you require this service and we can arrange a quote.
Our flat fee delivery is applicable to most UK mainland postcodes – if you do have a Highlands or Islands postcode we will contact you with a quote for the additional carriage charge that will be incurred.
Shading and The Effects of Normal Use:
All carpet irrespective of quality can be subject to a shading effect. This is not a manufacturing defect but is due to differing degrees or light reflection caused by unequal crushing of the pile during use.
In common with all pile fabrics, carpets and rugs may shade. This occurs when the pile is brushed or lies in different directions and therefore reflects light differently. The extent to which your carpet will show the effects of shading depends upon its construction, design and use. Some carpets, such as Saxony, will probably show your footprints and this is a shading effect. This is not a manufacturing defect and will not affect the wear life of your carpet. Carpets will also flatten with time.
During transportation and storage pile may become slightly crushed and this will show as shaded bands across the pile. These will disappear as the carpet settles in its new environment and as the pile is flexed through regular use and vacuum cleaning.
Samples are provided to give a general impression of the colour and pattern.
A great deal of effort has been made to ensure the colours of carpets shown in photography on this site are as accurate as possible. However, colours may appear slightly different from monitor to monitor.
If you order materials from different widths, they will come from different batches and will not match.
Dye batches can also vary and therefore it may be possible that your carpet does vary slightly from the sample in either colour or texture or both. It is however very rare that this difference is significant enough to cause a problem.
Inspection of Goods (Damage and Shortages) - VERY IMPORTANT:
You must inspect goods thoroughly before signing for delivery. When signing for a delivery you accept that the goods have been received in good usable condition. Never sign for goods as ‘not checked’. If goods are damaged on delivery you should not accept them and inform the courier to return them to the sender. You must inform us of this immediately. In the unlikely event of the goods being delivered faulty or damaged we undertake to deliver replacement or goods of the same standard free of charge if available.
Any damages or shortages must be reported to us within 7 calendar days of the date the delivery was received.
Please note we can only accept a claim for a shortage before the product has been cut into or laid. Also note each carpet is hand measured before leaving the warehouse.
Please do not fit / install the carpet if it is damaged - no partial or full refunds can be issued for our carpets once they are installed.
Please make every effort to ensure the goods ordered are suitable for your requirements.
We reserve the right not to accept returned goods which have been signed for at the delivery without inspection. We will only accept goods for return that are damaged on delivery.
As most of our products are cut to size on order, we are unable to accept returns, please ensure you read and fully understand.
If you fit / install your carpet and then report damage or fault we regret, we are unable to offer compensation or refund. - CHECK YOUR CARPET THOROUGHLY BEFORE INSTALLATION
If an item is faulty we will ask for pictures to be emailed to identify problems. These will need to be close up and in-situ.