- No responsibility can be accepted by the company for damage to under floor piping, cabling etc (unless the exact locations of any obstructions are given in writing prior to installation).
- If fitting is to be carried out on wood tile floor, the surface must be such that satisfactory fitting can be effected, and no responsibility can be accepted for any damage caused to tiles.
- When using broadloom and body carpets in one fitting, it is occasionally found that variations occur in colour and pattern. Every effort will me made to ensure matching, but no guarantee can be given.
- All pile carpets, especially plain grounds, are liable to shading that is to show light and dark patches arising from unequal crushing of the surface. Light and delicate carpets are liable to become soiled in wear, and can apparently change or lose colour. No amount of care on the part of the Company can obviate these tendencies, which are inherent in all pile fabrics and which should be drawn to the attention of the customer.
- It is important that stair carpets are laid carefully with adequate protection on the nosing of the stairs, and that the carpets are moved at regular intervals to effect evenness of wear. In a number of cases it is not possible to move fitted stair carpets.
- A small percentage of wastage sometimes occurs with fitted carpets. Every effort is made to minimise the wastage whilst, at the same time ensuring that the work is carried out in a satisfactory manner.
- The sizes as quoted for the widths of carpets are approximate. This can vary due to serval factors, and the tolerance conforms with British Standards Institute No: 3655 allowing a variation of + or - 1.25%.
- The customer is responsible for the take up of existing carpet and empty rooms before the new carpet is laid. Should this prove to be difficult, prior notification must be given to the Manager and a charge may be raised for lifting and removing customer's own property.
- This estimate/invoice does not allow for the removal and easing of doors in the event of the new carpet being too thick for the existing clearance.
- White Goods: Washing Machines, Cookers, Fridge and Freezers our fitter will not move, unplug or unplumbed any appliances. Prior written instruction must be given by the customers or the flooring will be cut to the front of the appliance and or plinth/kick plate.
- All monies owing must be paid to the shop prior to the fitting date.
- (Retention of Title) All goods remain the property of Kings Carpets until paid for in full.
- Any fittings arranged by Kings Carpets are through a separate contractor and therefore we hold no responsibility for fitting.
- All orders will be cut to customers measurements unless measure by ourselves with a charge of £30.
- Cancellation of orders cannot be accepted after the product has been invoiced. We may offer a credit note but we do not give refunds unless the product is faulty and notified to us in writing within 3 working days.
- Any dates or times quoted for the delivery of goods are intended to be estimates only. The company will use reasonable efforts to deliver on dates promised. In no event shall time be of the essence of the contract in regards to delivery. The customer shall not br entitled to refuse to accept goods because of late delivery.
- Kings Carpets will keep your carpet on deposit for no longer than 8 weeks, after which time your carpet will be returned to stock. Your deposit is non-refundable.
- It is the customers responsibility to check that the underlay thickness and quality is suitable for their needs, and that they have adequate clearance under any doors.
- By accepting this invoice - you are accepting the terms and conditions of this contract.
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTICE:
SPRAY GLUE - UNDERLAY - GRIPPER AND ALL OTHER FITTING ACCESSORIES ARE NON RETURNABLE AND NON REFUNDABLE.
It has been bought to our attention by the Flooring Leading Manufacturers that "cheap" imported underlay and gripper rods do not meet current British Standards. This can cause variety of problems ranging from the pins rusting and causing discolouration to the carpet, pushing through the carpet causing health hazards or completely falling out due to poor manufacturing.
REMNANTS - ROLL ENDS - ROLLS WILL NOT MATCH FROM PIECE TO PEICE.
Poor quality or second grade underlay, or customers using the wrong underlay for the wrong area can result in manufacturers voiding the Guarantee unless suitable British Standard Approved underlay is used.
All Carpet must be registered with the manufacturer direct by the customers themselves for the warranty to be applied. Warranty is voided if this step is not taken. Applies to A Grade Roll Stock Only.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not purchased underlay/fitting accessories from Kings Carpets, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the type and quality is suitable for your installation. Please note there is a charge of £2.00 per sqm to fit underlay/fitting accessories bought elsewhere in addition to your standard fitting charge. Please note if underlay/fitting accessories are purchased elsewhere this voids your warranty with Kings Carpets.
NB: We are unable to fit Gripper Rods that have not been supplied by ourselves (Kings Carpets) unless prior agreement is made. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your carpet can be fitted in line with normal Trade Practises.
DELIVERIES OF CARPETS AND BEDS ETC ARE TO THE CURB SIDE ONLY:
If you choose not to accept our Delivery Charge (which is an industry standard) and take your carpet home in your vehicle, by way of folding or bending, we will not be held liable for any resulting "creasing, damage, shading or delaminating" of the product.
Delivery times are between 8am - 6pm so someone will need to be home that day. Drivers are unfortunately unable to call in advance in of delivery. Delivery is curb side only - due to the size and weight of the carpet someone will need to be on hand to help unload. Depending on the driver they may be able to help but no guarantees can be made.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE FLOORING AND UNDERLAY YOU CHOOSE IS SUITABLE FOR THE NEEDS YOU WANT.